Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Breast Cancer Awareness Cyclocross results...

Wonder of wonders, the results (if you take a look at this link, I competed in Cat 4) from this past Saturday's Breast Cancer Awareness Cyclocross Challenge in Hagerstown, MD were posted yesterday, and I did better than I thought. While my performance was nothing to be proud of, I did not finish last, second to last, or even third to last. In the end I finished in 37th place out of 50 riders who started and 46 who finished. I was still lapped by the winner, second, and third place finishers (and possibly even more of the top finishers) twice though. As I said before, it was a great learning experience and I had a fantastic time.

Lessons to take away from this - 1)Use proper tire pressure, 2)Ride the full couse at least once before the start of the race, 3)If there is a switchback right after the barriers, run around it and then remount - rather than remounting, crashing into the course tape, and then remounting again.

Lars

No comments: