Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Day...


I do hope everyone went out yesterday and executed their civic duty. I was excited to do so yet again and happy to see that there was a pretty good line of 50-75 people at our precinct first thing in the morning (I have not had to wait in line for the 3 previous elections that I have participated in here). I had to wait about 30-40 minutes, but everything went very smoothly and I was kept occupied while in line by reading Moby Dick. However, I cannot say that I was able to make much progress - it is a pretty long novel. We really need to let all of the poll workers know how much we appreciate their efforts. As the day progressed, the line became non-existent and Ami was able to walk right in, vote, and leave.

I think we, as a nation, deserve a round of applause for seeing a dignified end to this long campaign and I look forward to our president-elect being the sort of "Uniter" that we were falsely promised 8 years ago.

Lars

No comments: